Q. I have the HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset with mike and 7.1 surround sound enabled through USB audio control box.
The headset, mike and 7.1 USB worked perfectly on Windows 7 pro and initially even Windows 10 pro. Then Windows 10 had an update and the 7.1 surround sound enabled USB audio control box and mike have stopped working and are no longer recognised. I have left it too late to go back to Windows 7 and when I asked HyperX for help, all they said was to contact Microsoft and tell them about the problem. So I sent Microsoft an email explaining the problem but have not received a reply. I now use the headset with the mike and 7.1 USB unplugged.
Method 2: Use the Audio Troubleshooter
If the first method did not fix your problem, then you should use the Windows audio troubleshooter, which might be of help in some cases.
To do this, go through the following steps:
- Open the Search charm (Shortcut: Windows key + W).
- Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and select the utility from the results.
- The Troubleshooting window will now open. From the left menu, select “View All“.
- From the list that opens, select “Recording Audio” and a new window will open.
- Follow the steps of the troubleshooter and apply the fixes that are given
Also refer: No sound in Windows
Note: Steps in the above article Applies to Windows 10 as well.