Q. According to the Microsoft Compatibility site, there is currently no support for the Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 on Windows 10 Operating Systems. However, when I did a compatibility check before upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there was no mention of any conflicting issues and now I am unable to use my webcam.
I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers but I keep getting an unexpected error or “One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time.” when trying to update the drivers from the Device Manager.
Are there any plans to making this compatible or will I need to purchase a new webcam that is currently Win10 compatible?
Try to install the driver in Program Compatibility mode and check if it helps.
1. Tap on Windows Key and click on Search bar.
2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the screen.
4. Click on Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
If you are not able to use the Web CAM in Windows 10 after performing the above step.
Then please buy a new Web CAM which is compatible with Windows 10