Old title: win 10 safe mode lock
Win 10 in the safe mode doesn’t accept me PIN because it doesn’t see a network drive. Going to Troubleshoot mode (with Restart/Shift) doesn’t help because when I’m trying to get to a command prompt Win is keeping asking me for a PIN which is not accessible because network driver doesn’t see the network. Suggestions?
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to assist you in this regard.
Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?
Does it give any error message?
Did you tried On-screen Keyboard on Safe Mode to enter the password?
Are you accessing through Safe Mode with Networking?
Try with below steps and check if it helps you.
- Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.
- After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
- When you reach login screen, press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list. or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
- Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
- Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.