As of late, I have seen numerous individuals asking about this mistake with respect to the Media Creation Tool. I myself got this mistake when I attempt to make a bootable USB drive (otherwise known as Create an Installable Media).
Here’s what I tried:
- Reformatting USB drive to FAT32
- Erasing records
- Attempted to find and run Setupprep.exe (I was unable to discover this document in C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources or anyplace)
- Change Startup Type of Update-Related Services (Startup Type: Manual – > Automatic)
- Uninstalled and Reinstall Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- Ensured my USB is above 8Gb as educated by the apparatus (it is 15Gb)
The Fix (for me at least):
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool legitimately into the USB drive that you need to use as a bootable gadget (which means you download the Tool into the equivalent USB you decided to use as an Installation Media). On the off chance that you previously downloaded the instrument on your PC’s Desktop, duplicate it into your USB.
- Run the Tool legitimately from your USB, which means you open File Explorer, find the MediaCreationTool.exe in your USB and double tap to run it.
The installer should then make an Installation Media/Bootable USB.
MCT successfully downloads and verifies W10, then hangs at “Creating Windows 10 Media – Progress 29%” for a while, then moves on to 50%, briefly hangs and then displays error code 0x9031004A-0xA001A.