I went ahead and updated to Windows 10 and now have some questions.
First, How do I stop it from automatically logging me out when it’s left alone? My 5 year old daughter watches videos, etc, then leaves for a bit, and when she goes back, my wife or I have to log her back onto the computer. It is annoying.
Second, I had to give an email address with Windows 8 to set it up and didn’t know that the whole family had to have my password to log onto the darn computer. Window 10 continues the same way, requiring my email to log on. Can I take an email log on off of the computer altogether so that it can just be used without having to be tied to an email, you know like all of the other computers that I have used since 1995? Or at the very least, can I change it to another email so I can create one that is easy enough for even my 5 year old to log onto?
Hey there. Try this fix if you are comfortable using registry editor.
- Click on the windows icon
- Type regedit
- Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
- Double click on Attributes
- Enter number 2.
- Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
- Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.