I’m using a 1920×1080 resolution display but windows sets my resolution to 1024×768 and doesn’t give me an option for 1080p resolution. I tried to go into nvidia control panel to change that but it just doesn’t open anymore. everything was working fine and after I restarted my PC, these display settings are messed up. How can I fix this ?
Right-click the Start button, and click Device Manager from the menu. In the manager, find your display adapter, right-click it, and select Properties. Then, in the Driver tab, click Uninstall, and then check the checkbox for deleting your driver software.
Restart your PC once the uninstall is finished. Windows will then detect that the display adapter doesn’t have drivers, and install the latest ones.
I had the same issue as you but I found the answer. This is probably due to an updated version of your graphic drivers, so this is what you need to do.
1. On your keyboard, press the windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the run box.
2. Type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
*You could also search for Device Manager in the search”
3. Expand Display adapters and underneath could be your graphics driver.
4. Right-click the driver and select “Update driver”
5. Select the second option, “Browse my computer for driver software”.
6. Then on the bottom, it should say “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
7. Select the version from 2015 and click Next. Your screen will auto-adjust and it should resume back to 1600×900.