Q. I have a western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive WDBBEP0010BBK. Windows 10 does not recognize the device. How do I get windows 10 tom recognize the hard drive?
- Shut the computer down.
- Disconnect the power cord from the computer itself.
- Disconnect the power cable from the hard drive in question.
- Reconnect the power cord to the computer itself.
- Boot the computer up to see if the drive sound was audible before. And,
- Then repeat, only reconnect the hard drive and listen for it to spin up.
- Switch power cables with a device like a CDROM or DVDROM drive, so that you are using a known-good power cable.
- Check the power supply on your computer to determine whether it is providing sufficient electrical power to operate the drives and devices you have in your computer.
- If the drive is still not spinning, connect it in another computer if possible and check.