I recently got the Windows 10 upgrade on my laptop, and now I can’t adjust the brightness of my screen. I don’t know what the name of the model I have is, but it’s an Asus laptop with a touchscreen, model number atheros/ar5b125. Before the upgrade, I adjusted my screen brightness by holding the Fn key and pressing f5 or f6 to lower or raise it. Now when I do that, nothing happens.
No brightness bar or anything. I went into the display settings and tried adjusting the brightness bar there, but when I adjust it, nothing happens. It doesn’t even let me apply the changes when I adjust it. The button stays grayed out.
It’s really causing problems, because I use my laptop a lot, and the level the brightness is at now is hurting my eyes and draining my battery way fast. Is there a setting I have to change, or an auto-adjustment thing I have to turn off? I can’t find any answers.
I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers and check if it works for you.
Follow the steps to update the Display driver:
- Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
- Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
- Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
- Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
- Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
Also try to access the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.