Q. <p>Upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can’t get the volume icon to display in the system tray on the task bar. The turn on/off switch is greyed out in ‘Turn System Icons On or Off’ section of Settings, so I can’t turn it on from there. How do I get the volume icon back in the system tray so I can easily adjust the volume level?
1. Left click on windows icon and choose settings.
2. Click on display tab.
3. Change the size of text to 125% Then apply.
4. DO NOT LOG OUT YET. Choose sign out later!
5. Change the text size back to 100% and click apply.
6. Now sign out and sign back in.
Your volume icon will be back. =)