Q. How do I move files from my user account to another user account on the same PC in Windows 10? Copy & Paste does not work because I have to sign off my account and sign in to my husband’s account. They use the same PC but when installing Windows 10 the installer put all his files in my account.
I understand that you wish to transfer files (apps and settings) from one user account to another. Follow the steps and check.
- Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.
- Select System and Security and then System.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- Under User Profiles, click Settings.
- Select the profile you want to copy.
- Click Copy to, and then enter the name of, or browse to, the profile you want to overwrite. This will usually be in C:\Users\username, where username is the name of the profile to which you are copying.
- Click Permitted to use, and then add all user accounts to which you want to give full profile control.
- Click OK.