Q. I get the error quoted in the title of this post every time I try to access Outlook, Hotmail or live using Windows 10:
“This site can’t be reached The connection was reset. Try: Reloading the page Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall ERR_CONNECTION_RESET”
Nothing is working. This happens on all browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
This is the url I am using: “https://outlook.live.com”
The Windows 10 mail app is also not working. The only way I can access my Microsoft emails is via my phone!
All other websites can be accessed without problems.
I would suggest you run a Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.
- Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
- Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
- Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
- Click on the Network troubleshooter.
- Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
- Click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to complete the Network troubleshooter.
I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:
- Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.
- Locate for Network adaptor and click on it to expand it.
- Right-click on the device and click on uninstall.
- Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right-click on the device and click on update.
You can also visit the below link Microsoft article and try the steps.
Enter into the Safe Mode with networking to check if the downloading works. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Run the following commands in an elevated prompt;
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
When you download via Internet Explorer, click Tools – Internet Options – Advanced Tab, make sure you check “Use Passive FTP”.