Q. Yesterday I performed a pc reset on my brothers pc which is exactly the same specs on my pc. Now i installed win 10 for my brother. He enjoyed it but wanted to have his pc clean with that OS. So i did the pc reset.
I was successful. So i thought let me reset my pc as well. My brothers pc took 3 hours to complete. My pc was stuck at 2% since 12pm yesterday. I left it over night and it was still 2 percent 6 am today. I decided to turn off the pc. Then i turned it back on.
A blue page with tiles showing me options. I chose the reset this pc option and selected to remove everything but keep what the pc brought. (Not factory reset) i dont want to lose my windows 10. But its been 4 hours and its stuck at 1%. Why does it keep doing this? What should i do? Im terribly scared.
Edit: my pc came with windows 8.1 I bought it on brandsmart. Which means i dont have no cd to reinstall windows 8 or 10.. I just want to reset my pc to keep windows 10. Just like i did on my brother’s pc.
Based on your description, I would recommend you to do a system repair, performing system repair will not lose any of your data’s and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
Download Windows 10 ISO and create media from the below link.
Once you complete creating media. Insert the Windows installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.
- After you boot the computer using Windows DVD, a black screen appears with gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Press any key.
- Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
- Click on Repair your computer in the lower-left corner.
- Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
- Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
- Click Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.
- Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.
- Windows will look for problems on hard drives and verify that all required files are intact.