Windows update is an Important component of Windows.By Windows updates one can get
- new drivers for the hardware devices installed in the computer
- security patches
- known bugs fixed
- Major updates and upgrades.
But due to some issues, generally related directly or Indirectly to some corruption in system files, windows update may not work properly.This discussion discusses resetting the Windows update completely using a reset script.
It does the following things:
- Removes the older Windows update Folders, where the updates are downloaded.Newer ones are created automatically.
- Re-registers the Windows update Files.
- Resets your network connection.
Instructions for usage:
- Download the Script into your computer.
- At the location where it is saved, Right click and select Extract.
- After the extract is complete, you will see a WuReset.bat named File in the new windows that opens.
- Unblock the .bat file.
- Right click WuReset.bat named file and select Run as administrator.
- Wait for the “Task completed successfully” message in the command Prompt Window.
- Restart your computer and check for the updates again.
For Users running Windows 10 build 10240 and later:
For users running Windows 7,8.0 or 8.1:
Download Windows update reset script for Windows 7 and 8
Alternatively, you can enter the following commands one by one(given in the code if downloading the reset script isn’t working):
The code of the .BAT is as under
(The code of Script used for resetting Windows updates in Windows 7 and 8 is nearly the same)
Thing that might concern many:
This script might delete your update History, but not your Installed updates.Let us know how the resetting goes in the thread from where you were redirected.