I don’t have a wifi option under Network & Internet. I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem.
I could not find the hardware wifi switch nor a key that has a picture of a wireless antenna. I also updated the driver softwares (Realtek PCle FE Family Controller #2 and Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter). Both were stated to be up to date. However, I still cannot find a wifi option.
I used to have wifi, but suddenly I didn’t have any connection. Then my PC updated while I was restarting. However, I still don’t have wifi.
I suggest you to create a new user account and check if you are able to see. Follow the steps:
Refer to following link:
Follow the steps to change the account type of the new account to administrator by navigating to user accounts under control panel:
- Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
- Click on User accounts.
- Click on Manage another account.
- Click on the new account that you have just created.
- Click on Change account type settings.
- Click on Change account type.
- Click on Administrator.
- Click on change account type.
- Restart the computer and log in through the new administrator account.