Q. Greetings. I need a little bit of assistance. I need to download Quicktime for school and everytime I try to install the program, it says that I need to have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed.
With the research that I have already completed, I’ve tried to run it in compatibility mode but it did not work, as before installation of Windows 10, my PC had Windows 8 on it and nothing else. I’ve tried the troubleshooter a few times and the compatibility tab a few times with each of the choices and none of them seem to work.
1. Go to official apple site.
2. You can unpack it with WinRAR or other decompress tools.
3. You will see 4 files in the “exe” file, it’s actually a package.
Don’t install with QuickTime.msi, you’ll fail.
4. Install AppleApplicationSupport.msi and AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi. It’s better to install AppleApplicationSupport since actually AppleSoftwareUpdate is the key one.
5. Open AppleSoftwareUpdate you just installed. After checking new versions, you may see QuickTime in the list. Install it.
THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER.
Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.