If you are having issues related to Windows Updates in Windows 10 operating system then clearing Windows update cache will perfectly help you in solving Windows update errors (Windows Update Stuck at Checking for Updates, Windows Update Stuck at preparing to install updates or Windows Updates Stuck at 0%) in Windows 10 PC.
In order to clear Windows Update cache in Windows 10 / 8 / 7:
- Press Win + R and then type services.MSC and hit Enter.
- Find and double click on Windows Update and then click on the Stop button.
- To delete Update cache, go to – C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder.
- Press CTRL+A and press Delete to remove all files and folders.
- Again press Win + R and then type services.MSC and hit Enter.
- Find and double click on Windows Update and then click on the Start button.
In case the old downloaded Windows updates were corrupted on your system, this action would get a fresh download of the update and try installing again.