Q. Receiving error code 0x8024a105 when attempting to update of Windows 10 using automatic update. This update has failed every day for the last two weeks. Tried shutting off anti-virus and firewall, but has no effect. Restarted the computer several times and still no success. Not a tech expert so don’t want to work in the registry – any other ideas?
I suggest you to perform the methods provided below and check if it helps.
Method 1: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
- Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
- Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
If the issue still persists,
Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Updates Components and then reinitiate the Windows Update process.
Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly.
Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:
1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.
5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.
6. After restarting the computer, now retry to install Windows Updates.