I had a wireless Hp printer working for several days, but now Windows 10 reports an error with the printer.
I tried under Settings> Devices>Printers+Scanners to remove the printer to try reinstalling, but Win-10 won’t remove it.
hank you for your interest in Windows 10.
You may manually uninstall the printer software from the add/remove wizard.
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl and click on OK.
- Uninstall the programs associated with printer.
In addition to that, remove the driver manually.
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc and click on OK.
- Expand the categories and look for your printer.
- Right click on it and select uninstall
- Make sure to keep a check on te box which says, delete drivers.
- Restart the PC and check
Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.
How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
If you are unable to find the drivers for Windows 10, you may try to install the drivers in compatibility mode with Windows 8.1.
Firstly download the driver from your computer’s manufacturer website and then install it.