For some reason, when I go to settings, “Turn system icons on or off” and then try to turn ‘power’ on so that I can see how much battery power I have left, it won’t let me change the setting. I am the admin on this computer and don’t know what else to do. I’m afraid that my computer will run out of power without warning and I’ll lose all of my work. Can anyone help me?
Refer to these troubleshooting methods and check if that helps you.
Run the System File Checker tool and check if that helps you.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
Refer to these steps and check if that helps you.
- Windows and R keys, type Devmgmt.msc and then press Enter key to open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, expand Batteries. Right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter entry and click Uninstall button. Click OK button when you see the warning message to continue uninstalling the driver.
- Next, click on Action menu and then click Scan for hardware changes option to restore the missing battery icon.
You may create a new user account and check if the issue occurs in the new user account. This will help us to diagnose the issue.
- Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.
- Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.
- Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
- Once this is done, login to the new user account and check if the issue occurs in the new user account.