Q. I have dj mixing console for Virtual DJ software based on ASIO driver. In previous version of Windows (7) it worked fine. Now I am unable to install this console. Windows doesn’t recognise the hardware. Does Windows 10 support ASIO based devices? On asio4all website there is no driver for Windows 10.
This issue occurs due to the outdated and incompatible Universal ASIO Driver.
I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.
I would suggest you to update the latest Universal ASIO Driver in the Device Manager and check, if it works.
- Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
- Locate and expand Universal ASIO Driver.
- Right click on the Universal ASIO Driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.
If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to uninstall the Universal ASIO Driver from the Device Managerand reinstall the latest Universal ASIO Driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.
Follow these steps to install the Universal ASIO Driver in compatibility mode with Windows 7.
1. Download the latest Universal ASIO Driver from the manufacturer’s website.
2. Right-click on the setup file and click on “Properties“.
3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.